- Published: New York : Dell Yearling, 2004 c2002.
- Year Published: 2002
- Description: 217 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 900
- 0440228999 (pbk.) :
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Fiction. -- Minnesota
- Finnish Americans -- Fiction.
- Family life -- Fiction. -- Minnesota
- Immigrants -- Fiction.
- Minnesota -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Song of Sampo Lake
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Y Fiction / Durbin, William
Available Copies: Downtown Youth
In 1900, as a family of Finnish immigrants begins farming on the edge of a Minnesota lake, Matti works as a store clerk, teaches English, and works on the homestead, striving to get out of his older brother's shadow and earn their father's respect.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.