- Published: [United States] : Acorn Media, 2004.
- Year Published: 2004
- Description: 1 videodisc (178 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
Recently Listed On
- LGBTQA+ Historical Fiction
- Favorite Costume Dramas/Historical Fiction
- Historical Fiction Recommendations
- Lesbian Romantic Movies and TV Shows
- BBC Historical Drama on DVD
Login to add tags
Tipping the velvet
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Drama Tipping
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
Trailer / Previews
Trailers Powered by Internet Video Archive
Rachael Stirling ; Keeley Hawes; Anna Chancellor; Jodhi May; Hugh Bonneville and John Bowe.
Set in the 1890's, the story of a lesbian love affair between a music hall male impersonator and a young woman smitten by the music hall life.
Reviews & Summaries
Nan has more than one relationship with women during her adventures in Victorian London and the director shows it on screen, so it would probably be rated "R" if it were in American theaters. The series is also very historically accurate, including its depiction of upper-class lesbian culture of the 19th century.
Nan hits rock bottom several times, so there are some very sad parts to the book, but hang in there until the end, as it will be well worth it! The costumes alone are gorgeous.
Login to write a review of your own.