- Published: Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, , c1942.
- Year Published: 1942
- Description: 1 videodisc (ca. 134 min.) : sd., b&w. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- 0790746646 :
- Franklin, Sidney A., 1893-1972.
- Wyler, William, 1902-1981.
- Froeschel, George.
- Hilton, James, 1900-1954.
- West, Claudine, d. 1943.
- Wimperis, Arthur, 1874-1953.
- Garson, Greer, 1908-
- Pidgeon, Walter, 1897-1984.
- Wright, Teresa, 1918-2005.
- Whitty, May, Dame, 1865-1948.
- Owen, Reginald, 1887-1972.
- Travers, Henry, 1874-1965.
- Ney, Richard, 1918-
- Wilcoxon, Henry, 1905-
- Severn, Christopher.
- Ruttenberg, Joseph.
- Gibbons, Cedric, 1895-1960.
- Kress, Harold F., 1913-1999.
- Stothart, Herbert, 1885-1949.
- Kalloch, 1893-
- Struther, Jan, 1901-1953.
- Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Middle class families -- Drama. -- England
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Drama. -- England
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
- Extraordinary Films, in My Opinion
- Academy Awards Best Picture Nominees and Winners-Part 1
- Academy Award Winners: Best Actress
- Academy Award Winners: Best Picture
- AADL Staff Picks by lilpup
Login to add tags
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD War Mrs.
Trailer / Previews
Trailers Powered by Internet Video Archive
Originally released as a motion picture in 1942.
Based on the novel by Jan Struther.
Special features: Greer Garson Academy Award footage; photo gallery (33 stills); 2 vintage MGM wartime shorts: "Mr. Blabbermouth" & "For the common defense"; theatrical trailer.
Greer Garson, Walter Pidgeon, Teresa Wright, Dame May Whitty, Reginald Owen, Henry Travers, Richard Ney, Henry Wilcoxon, Christopher Severn.
The story of a middle-class British family and their struggle to survive during WWII. Mrs. Miniver nobly tends her rose garden while her stalwart husband participates in the evacuation at Dunkirk. She personafies grace under pressure as the Miniver family huddles in their bomb shelter during a Luftwaffe attack, while she is forced to confront a downed Nazi paratrooper in her kitchen, and while she is preparing for her annual flower show - despite the exigencies of bombing raids. Even the vicars climactic call to arms from the pulpit of his ruined church seems to bring out the best in people.
DVD, Region 1, full screen (1.33:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 2.0 mono.