- Published: Beverly Hills, Calif. : Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, 2003.
- Year Published: 2003
- Description: 2 videodiscs (116 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Shusett, Ronald.
- O'Bannon, Dan.
- Carroll, Gordon, 1928-2005.
- Giler, David.
- Hill, Walter, 1942-
- Scott, Ridley.
- Skerritt, Tom.
- Weaver, Sigourney, 1949-
- Cartwright, Veronica.
- Stanton, Harry Dean, 1926-
- Hurt, John, 1940-
- Holm, Ian, 1931-
- Kotto, Yaphet, 1937-
- Vanlint, Derek.
- Rawlings, Terry.
- Goldsmith, Jerry.
- Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation.
- Brandywine (Firm)
- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc.
- Monsters -- Drama.
- Human-alien encounters -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Horror films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
- Movies I have seen
- Just What the Doctor Ordered
- Alien series/The Xenomorphs
- Space Mission Movies
- Lucy's Staff Picks - Movies
- Checkout History
- Movies Noted In "The 55 Scariest Scenes from Fantasy/SF/Horror movies"
- Checkout History
- Dystopia in movies and television
Login to add tags
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Science-Fiction Alien
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Pittsfield Adult
Originally produced as a motion picture in 1979.
Special features include: Audio commentary by director, cast members, and others; Star beast : developing the story (featurette); The visualists : direction and design (featurette); Truckers in space : casting (featurette); Future tense : music and editing (featurette); Outward bound : visual effects (featurette); A nightmare fulfilled : reactions to the film (featurette); Fear of the unknown : Shepperton Studios, 1978 (featurette); The darkest reaches : Nostromo and Alien planet (featurette); The eighth passenger : creature design (featurette); The chestburster (multi-angle sequence); Sigourney Weaver screen test; still photo galleries; deleted and extended scenes.
Disc 1: Director's cut (117 min., 2003) -- Theatrical version (116 min., 1979).
Tom Skerritt, Sigourney Weaver, Veronica Cartwright, Harry Dean Stanton, John Hurt, Ian Holm, Yaphet Kotto.
A mindless, savage, and merciless alien is attacking the crew of an intergalactic freighter and it must be stopped before they are all killed.
DVD; Region 1; NTSC; widescreen presentation (2.35:1 aspect ratio); 5.1 Dolby surround, 5.1 DTS, Dolby surround.
If you are a fan of horror or science fiction, this movie is a must watch.
Login to write a review of your own.