- Published: Brookfield, Conn. : Roaring Brook Press, c2003.
- Year Published: 2003
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 1 v. (unpaged)
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 480
- 0761317910 :
- 0761328688 :
- Petit, Philippe, -- 1949- .
- World Trade Center (New York, N.Y.)
- Tightrope walking.
- Aerialists -- France.
Recently Listed On
- children's books
- Checkout History
- New York Public Library's 100 Picture Books Everyone Should Know
- Winners of the Boston Globe-Horn Book Award
- Picture Books On United States History
Mordecai Gerstein caldecott tightrope walking picture book philippe petit New York City mordicai gerstein World Trade Centers tightrope illustrations ALA Notable Children's Books 2004 new york new york youth nonfiction caldecott medal france caldecott medal book 2004 balancing act world trade center caldecott medal winner aerialists
Login to add tags
The man who walked between the towers
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Malletts Youth
A lyrical evocation of Philippe Petit's 1974 tightrope walk between the World Trade Center towers.
Reviews & Summaries
Amazing illustrations! There is a reason that this book was a Caldecott winner. The story is exciting and inspirational. It teaches children to follow there dreams no matter how difficult that will be.
Login to write a review of your own.