- Published: Beverly Hills, Calif. : Twentieth Century-Fox Home Entertainment, c2002.
- Year Published: 2002
- Description: 1 videodisc (double-sided) (ca. 92 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Blaustein, Julian.
- Wise, Robert, 1914-
- North, Edmund H., 1911-
- Rennie, Michael.
- Neal, Patricia, 1926- .
- Marlowe, Hugh.
- Jaffe, Sam, 1893-1984.
- Gray, Billy, 1938-
- Bavier, Frances, 1905-
- Martin, Lock.
- Bates, Harry, 1900-1981.
- Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation.
- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc.
Recently Listed On
- Production Code Era Movies
- Classic Scifi
- Movies Noted In "The 55 Scariest Scenes from Fantasy/SF/Horror movies"
- Timeless Reels: Classic Films
- AFI's Top 10 Sci-Fi Films
Login to add tags
The day the earth stood still 1951
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Science-Fiction Day
Trailer / Previews
Trailers Powered by Internet Video Archive
Videodisc release of the 1951 motion picture.
Based on the story "Farewell to the master" by Harry Bates.
Bonus features (not rated or closed captioned): Audio commentary by Robert Wise and Nicolas Meyer ; 70-minute "Making the Earth stand still" documentary ; Movietone newsreel (1951) ; restoration comparison ; 5 still galleries ; shooting script ; theatrical trailer.
Michael Rennie, Patricia Neal, Hugh Marlowe, Sam Jaffe, Billy Gray, Frances Bavier, Lock Martin.
"A spaceship lands in Washington, D.C., capturing the attention of the world. But the alien emissary (Michael Rennie) it brings refuses to reveal his mission to any single government, leaving the military, the politicians, and millions of ordinary people to wait in fear. Soon their distrust turns to calls for violence. But one young woman and her son (Patricia Neal, Billy Gray) befriend him ... and soon realize that they may be all that stands between the human race and total destruction"--Container.
DVD, THX ; Full screen.
Contents: Farewell to the master.
Login to write a review of your own.