- Published: [United States] : Burbank, CA : Walt Disney Home Entertainment ; Distributed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment, , c1986.
- Year Published: 1986
- Edition: Widescreen version (1.85:1 ; 16x9)
- Description: 2 videodiscs (125 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Miyazaki, Hayao, 1941-
- Van der Beek, James, 1977-
- Paquin, Anna.
- Leachman, Cloris.
- Tanaka, Mayumi.
- Yokozawa, Keiko.
- Kaneda, Yoshinori.
- Hisaishi, Jô.
- Walt Disney Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Sutajio Jiburi, Kabushiki Kaisha.
- Nibariki (Firm)
- Tokuma Shoten.
- Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Pendants (Jewelry)
- Imaginary places
- Feature films.
- Animated films.
- Children's films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Castle in the sky
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Animation Castle
Originally produced as a motion picture in 1986.
Special features: special introduction by John Lasseter; voice talent featurette; complete storyboards; original Japanese trailers.
English version voices: James Van Der Beek, Anna Paquin, Cloris Leachman ; Japanese voices: Mayumi Tanaka, Keiko Yokozawa.
Orphaned, Pazu is caught up in a thrilling adventure after Sheeta, a young girl wearing a glowing pendant, floats out of the night sky and into his life. Now, the pair must soar above the clouds in order to find the legendary floating city of Laputa and its treasures.
DVD, Dolby digital 5.1 surround sound, Region 1 encoding.
It's full of adventure, magic, mystery, and guts. The main characters Pazu and Sheeta and both the hero and heroine in this wonderful story.
It teaches us about human greed and power, and also dreams and friendships.
Not to mention, the soundtrack is absolutely gorgeous, especially the main theme. I suggest playing it on the piano!
Also, the Grandma pirate is pretty awesome.
Login to write a review of your own.