- Published: [United States] : MGM Home Entertainment, , c1961.
- Year Published: 1961
- Edition: Collectors set, Special ed.; widescreen version (2.20:1 ; 16x9)
- Description: 2 videodiscs (152 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. +
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- 0792855019 :
- Lehman, Ernest, 1915-2005. .
- Wise, Robert, 1914-
- Robbins, Jerome.
- Wood, Natalie.
- Beymer, Richard, 1939-
- Tamblyn, Russ.
- Moreno, Rita.
- Chakiris, George.
- Fapp, Daniel.
- Stanford, Thomas.
- Bernstein, Leonard, 1918-1990.
- Sharaff, Irene.
- Leven, Boris.
- Griffith, Robert E.
- Prince, Harold, 1928- .
- Laurents, Arthur.
- Mirisch Pictures (Firm)
- Seven Arts Productions.
- MGM Home Entertainment Inc.
- Gangs -- Drama. -- New York (State)
- First loves -- Drama.
- Musical films.
- Film adaptations.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
- On Broadway
- Favorite Movies
- AFI's 100 Years....100 Passions
- Academy Awards Best Picture Nominees and Winners-Part 2
- Checkout History
- Broadway Musicals
- Academy Award Winners: Best Picture
- Checkout History
- Film Spotting Marathons
- Most Amazing Movie Heroes
Login to add tags
West side story
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
Trailer / Previews
Trailers Powered by Internet Video Archive
Information from pre-release promotional materials; release date: April 1, 2003.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 1961.
Based on the stage play produced by Robert E. Griffith and Harold S. Prince and the book by Arthur Laurents; play conceived, directed and choreographed by Jerome Robbins.
Special features: Disc 1: feature film; original film intermission music (option to play with or without intermission) -- Disc 2: "West side memories" retrospective documentary containing Natalie Wood's original vocal recordings and new interviews with cast and crew including Robert Wise and Stephen Sondheim; original film intermission music; storyboard-to-film comparison; original release trailers and behind-the-scenes photos -- Collectible scrapbook includes Ernest Lehman introduction; film script; original looby brochure reproduction; behind-the-scenes memos.
Natalie Wood, Richard Beymer, Russ Tamblyn, Rita Moreno, George Chikiris.
This musical sets the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet against a backdrop of the rivalry of two street gangs, the Sharks and the Jets, in New York of the 1950s. A young woman who is sister to the Sharks leader has her first taste of love with the former head of the Jets.
DVD ; Widescreen ; Dolby digital 5.1 surround, Region 1 encoding.
Login to write a review of your own.