- Published: New York : G.P. Putnam's Sons, 2003.
- Year Published: 2003
- Description: 100 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 0399231153 :
- African American boys -- Poetry.
- Brothers and sisters -- Poetry.
- Foster home care -- Poetry.
- Orphans -- Poetry.
- Schools -- Poetry.
- Children's poetry, American.
Recently Listed On
- New York Public Library's Top Children’s Books of the Last 100 Years
- Nominees for the National Book Award for Young People's Literature
- LINKS -- Middle School Grades 6-8
Login to add tags
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: Y 811.54 Wo
In a series of poems, eleven-year-old Lonnie writes about his life, after the death of his parents, separated from his younger sister, living in a foster home, and finding his poetic voice at school.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.