- Published: New York : Dutton Books, 2002, c1999.
- Year Published: 1999
- Edition: 1st American ed.
- Description: 312 p. ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 900
- 0142401455 :
- 0525468633 :
- World War, -- 1939-1945. -- Fiction
- Unmarried mothers -- Fiction.
- Grandmothers -- Fiction.
- Assisted suicide -- Fiction.
- Coming of age -- Fiction.
- Netherlands -- Fiction. -- History -- German occupation, 1940-1945
Recently Listed On
- Carnegie Medal winners
- Award-Winning Books for Guys (Reading Level Range: Grades 6-12)
- The War-Torn Fourties for Teens
- World War Two Fiction For Kids
- historical fiction
- WWII Fiction for Teens
- Printz Award Winners, 2000-2015
Login to add tags
Postcards from no man's land
There are no copies available
Originally published: London : Random House Children's Books, 1999.
Alternates between two stories--comtemporarily, seventeen-year-old Jacob visits a daunting Amsterdam at the request of his English grandmother--and historically, nineteen-year-old Geertrui relates her experience of British soldiers's attempts to liberate Holland from its German occupation.