- Published: Universal City, Calif. : Universal Home Video, c1998.
- Year Published: 1998
- Edition: Collector's ed.
- Description: 1 videodisc (128 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- 0783226055 :
- Hitchcock, Alfred, 1899-1980. .
- Stewart, James, 1908-1997. .
- Novak, Kim.
- Bel Geddes, Barbara.
- Helmore, Tom.
- Jones, Henry, 1912-
- Coppel, Alec.
- Taylor, Samuel Albert, 1912- .
- Alfred J. Hitchcock Productions.
- Paramount Pictures Corporation.
- Universal Studios Home Video (Firm)
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Detective and mystery films.
- Vertigo -- Drama.
- Murder -- Drama.
- Police -- Drama. -- California -- San Francisco
- Love -- Drama.
Recently Listed On
- Checkout History
- Film Spotting Marathons
- AFI's Top 100 Movies
- Leonard Maltin's 100 Must-See Films of the 20th Century
- AFI's Top 10 Mystery Films
Login to add tags
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Drama Vertigo
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Traverwood Adult
Trailer / Previews
Trailers Powered by Internet Video Archive
Originally produced as a motion picture in 1958.
Based on the novel D'entre les morts by Pierre Boileau and Thomas Narcejac.
Includes restoration trailer, documentary footage, production notes.
James Stewart, Kim Novak, Barbara Bel Geddes, Tom Helmore, Henry Jones.
Scottie Ferguson, a San Francisco police detective is forced to retire when a freak accident gives him a severe case of acrophobia. Ferguson is hired by a rich shipbuilder to follow his wife who is behaving suspiciously and might be planning suicide. He falls in love with her, she is later murdered and Ferguson becomes demonic in his desire to re-create her in another woman.
DVD, Dolby digital, widescreen 1.85:1.
Contents: D'entre les morts.
Reviews & Summaries
P.S. This is not to say that it is a movie that requires several viewings to appreciate. It's that after seeing it a second time it struck me how detailed it is and how much planning went into every scene and camera angle. The first time the plot alone sucked me in, the second time the costume and scenery stole the show.
Login to write a review of your own.