- Published: Beverly Hills, CA : Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment 
- Year Published: 2000
- Edition: Widescreen version.
- Description: 2 videodiscs (334 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- Lehman, Ernest, 1915-2005.
- Wise, Robert, 1914-
- Andrews, Julie.
- Plummer, Christopher.
- Haydn, Richard, 1905-
- Wood, Peggy, 1892-1978.
- Parker, Eleanor, 1922-
- Rodgers, Richard, 1902-1979
- Hammerstein, Oscar, 1895-1960.
- Lindsay, Howard, 1889-1968.
- Crouse, Russel, 1893-1966.
- Argyle Enterprises.
- Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation.
- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc.
- Trapp Family Singers -- Drama.
- Musical films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Austria -- Drama. -- History -- Anschluss, 1938
Recently Listed On
- Checkout History
- On Broadway
- Favorite Movies
- Entertainment Weekly: 100 All-time Greatest movies
- Based on a True Story
- Timeless Reels: Classic Films
Login to add tags
The Sound of music
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Musical Sound
Based on the musical by Richard Rodgers with lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II and book by Howard Lindsay and Russel Crouse.
Originally released as motion picture in 1965; copyright renewal in 1993.
disc 1. The feature (175 min.). Running commentary by Robert Wise-- DVD-ROM link to The sound of music web sites and events.
disc 2. Supplemental. Original 1965 documentary Salzburg sight and sound (36 min.) -- Documentary : The sound of music : from fact to phenomenon with cast interviews, rare music outtakes, photos and more (87 min.) -- Audio supplement by Ernest Lehman (36 min.) -- Interviews with Julie Andrews and Robert Wise -- DVD-ROM games and links to fan site -- Storyboards, sketches, production stills, theatrical trailers, radio and TV spots.
Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer, Richard Haydn, Peggy Wood, Eleanor Parker.
Julie Andrews lights up the screen as Maria, the spirited young woman who leaves the convent to become a governess to the seven young children of Captain von Trapp, an autocratic widower whose strict household rules leave no room for music or merriment.
DVD ; Widescreen ; Dolby 4.1 surround (English) or Dolby surround (English and French).
In English with optional French soundtrack; optional subtitles in English or Spanish; closed-captioned in English for the hearing impaired.
System requirements to operate enhanced features: PC; Windows 95; DVD-ROM drive (discs inoperable in CD-ROM drive); some features will not work on a Macintosh.
Contents: Sound of music. -- Sound of music. -- Sound of music. -- Sound of music.
Login to write a review of your own.