- Published: Universal City, CA : Universal Pictures, , c1954.
- Year Published: 1954
- Edition: Collector's ed., widescreen version.
- Description: 1 videodisc (115 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- 0783237391 :
- Hitchcock, Alfred, 1899-1980. .
- Hayes, John Michael, 1919-
- Stewart, James, 1908-1997. .
- Grace, Princess of Monaco, 1929-1982.
- Corey, Wendell, 1914-1968.
- Ritter, Thelma.
- Burr, Raymond, 1917-1993. .
- Burks, Robert.
- Tomasini, George.
- Waxman, Franz, 1906-1967.
- Johnson, Joseph MacMillian.
- Pereira, Hal.
- Head, Edith.
- Woolrich, Cornell, 1903-1968.
- Paramount Pictures Corporation.
- Universal City Studios.
- Voyeurism -- Drama.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Detective and mystery films.
- Suspense in motion pictures, television, etc.
- Greenwich Village (New York, N.Y.) -- Drama.
Recently Listed On
- Alfred Hitchcock
- AFI's 100 Years, 100 Movies
- Top 50 Mystery and Crime Movies
- Checkout History
- Mysteries to die for
- AFI's Top 10 Mystery Films
Login to add tags
There are no copies available and 2 requests on 2 copies
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Drama Rear
Trailer / Previews
Trailers Powered by Internet Video Archive
Based on a short story "Rear window" by Cornell Woolrich.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 1954.
Accompanying booklet contains production notes.
Special features: an original documentary; featurette: "A conversation with screenwriter John Michael Hayes"; production photographs; re-release trailer narrated by James Stewart; the script; DVD-ROM features include access to the original script and other related materials.
James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Wendell Corey, Thelma Ritter, Raymond Burr.
As a photographer with a broken leg, Stewart takes up the fine art of spying on his Greenwich Village neighbors during a summer heat wave. Things really begin to get hot when he suspects a salesman may have murdered his nagging wife and buried the body in a flower garden. He actively enlists the help of his girlfriend to investigate the highly suspicious chain of events. Events that ultimately lead to one of the most memorable and gripping endings in film history.
DVD; Dolby digital.
Contents: Rear window.
Login to write a review of your own.