- Published: [United States] : Paramount Home Entertainment, , c1994.
- Year Published: 1994
- Edition: Special ed. ; widescreen version.
- Description: 2 videodiscs (141 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- 0792174844 :
- Finerman, Wendy.
- Tisch, Steve.
- Starkey, Steve.
- Roth, Eric.
- Zemeckis, Robert, 1952-
- Hanks, Tom.
- Wright, Robin, 1966-
- Sinise, Gary.
- Williamson, Mykelti.
- Field, Sally.
- Burgess, Don.
- Schmidt, Arthur.
- Silvestri, Alan.
- Carter, Rick.
- Johnston, Joanna.
- Groom, Winston, 1944-
- Paramount Pictures Corporation.
- Paramount Home Entertainment.
- People with mental disabilities -- Drama.
- Young men -- Drama.
- Love -- Drama.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Recently Listed On
- Tom Hanks
- Favorite Movies
- Films Featuring People with Disabilities
- Oscar Winning Movies Based on Books
- Academy Awards Best Picture Nominees and Winners-Part 4
- Movies I Think Are Worth the Watch
- Be Inspired!
- Academy Award Winners: Best Picture
Login to add tags
There are no copies available and 3 requests on 1 copy
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Drama Forrest
Trailer / Previews
Trailers Powered by Internet Video Archive
Information from pre-release promotional materials; release date: Aug. 28, 2001.
Orignally produced as a motion picture in 1994.
Based on the novel by Winston Groom.
Special features: Forrest Gump commentary by director Robert Zemeckis, producer Steve Starkey, and production designer Rick Carter; Through the eyes of Forrest Gump, a making-of documentary (ca. 29 min.); The magic of makeup, a featurette on the aging techniques used in the film; Through the ears of Forrest Gump, a feature on the sound design of the film; Building the world of Forrest Gump, a feature on the production design of the film; Seeing is believing: the visual effects of Forrest Gump; photo gallery; screen tests; theatrical trailer.
Tom Hanks, Robin Wright, Gary Sinise, Mykelti Williamson, Sally Field.
The story follows the life of low I.Q. Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks) and his meeting with the love of his life Jenny. The film chronicles his accidental experiences with some of the most important people and events in America from the late 1950's through the 1970's including a meeting with Elvis Presley, JFK, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, fighting in Vietnam, etc. The problem is, he doesn't realize the significance of his actions. Forrest becomes representative of the baby boomer generation having walked through life blindly.
DVD ; Widescreen ; Dolby digital surround.
Contents: Forrest Gump.
Login to write a review of your own.