- Published: [S.l.] : Warner Bros., [200-?]
- Description: 2 videodiscs : sd., b&w, col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Language: English
- Format: DVD
- 0780635205 :
- Welles, Orson, 1915-1985. .
- Mankiewicz, Herman J. 1897-1953.
- Cotten, Joseph, 1905-1994 .
- Comingore, Dorothy, 1913-1971.
- Moorehead, Agnes, 1906-1974.
- Sloane, Everett, 1909-1965.
- Toland, Gregg.
- Wise, Robert, 1914-
- Herrmann, Bernard, 1911-1975.
- McCullough, David G.
- Lennon, Thomas.
- Epstein, Michael.
- Cramer, Richard Ben.
- Lennon Documentary Group.
- WGBH Educational Foundation.
- WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.)
- RKO Radio Pictures, inc.
- Mercury Productions.
- Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Welles, Orson, -- 1915-1985. .
- Hearst, William Randolph, -- 1863-1951.
- Citizen Kane (Motion picture)
- Motion pictures -- History.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Motion picture industry -- History. -- California -- Hollywood
Recently Listed On
- Entertainment Weekly: 100 All-time Greatest movies
- Roger Ebert related film
- Checkout History
- Academy Awards Best Picture Nominees and Winners-Part 1
- Checkout History
- Timeless Reels: Classic Films
- Filmspotting Pantheon
- Leonard Maltin's 100 Must-See Films of the 20th Century
Login to add tags
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: DVD Drama Citizen
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Pittsfield Adult
Feature film: Originally produced as a motion picture in 1941. Documentary: Originally broadcast as part of the PBS series the American experience in 1996.
Special features: Feature film: interactive menus, scene selection, theatrical trailer, production notes, filmmaker postscripts and awards data, two feature-length audio commentaries, one by Roger Ebert, the other by Peter Bogdanovich, 1941 movie premiere newsreel, gallery of storyboards, rare photos, alternative ad campaigns, studio correspondence, call sheets, and other memorabilia. Documentary: Welles filmography.
Citizen Kane (119 min.) -- The battle over Citizen Kane (113 min.)
Feature film: Orson Welles, Joseph Cotton, Dorothy Comingore, Agnes Moorehead, Everett Sloane. Documentary: Host and narrator, David McCullough.
Feature film: An all-powerful press magnate, Kane, dies in his fabulous castle Xanadu, his last word being "Rosebud", which leads a reporter to seek the meaning behind the word and find the meaning of Kane. Prominant publisher, William Randolph Hearst, saw the film as a thinly disguised version of his career and attempted to suppress it. Documentary: Looks at the lives and careers of Orson Welles and William Randolph Hearst, and how Hearst tried to surpress the film Citizen Kane and destroy Welles.
DVD format; Full screen, newly remastered picture and sound.
Dolby digital; feature film: English mono.; documentary: English stereo.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.