- Published: New York : Scholastic, 2001.
- Year Published: 2001
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 186 p. : ill., map ; 20 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 790
- 0590511572 :
- Gold mines and mining -- Fiction.
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Fiction. -- California
- Greed -- Fiction.
- Diaries -- Fiction.
- California -- Fiction. -- Gold discoveries
Recently Listed On
- Journal Style Children's Historical Fiction
- Children's Diary and Journal Narratives
- Historical fiction for children
Login to add tags
Seeds of hope : the gold rush diary of Susanna Fairchild
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Y Fiction / Dear America
Available Copies: Pittsfield Youth
"California Territory, 1849."--Cover.
A diary account of fourteen-year-old Susanna Fairchild's life in 1849, when her father succumbs to gold fever on the way to establish his medical practice in Oregon after losing his wife and money on their steamship journey from New York. Includes a historical note.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.