- Published: [S.l.] : PBS Home Video, c2000.
- Year Published: 2000
- Description: 1 videocassette (60 min) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- ISBN/Standard #:0780633253 :
- Language: English
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Regiment, 25th. -- Bicycle Corps.
- United States. -- Army. -- African American troops -- History -- 19th century.
- Military cycling -- History.
- Bicycles and bicycling -- History.
- African Americans -- History -- 19th century. -- West (U.S.)
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Login to add tags
The Bicycle Corps America's black army on wheels
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
No copies found.
"In 1897, the U.S. Army theorized that the newly developed 'safety' bicycle could replace the horse as means of troop transport. As a result, the 25th Infantry established a Bicycle Corps to test the overall practicality of military cycling. Twenty African-American soldiers put their bicycles, their bodies and the Army's theory to the test with a 2000-mile ride from Montana to St. Louis, Missouri. The Bicycle Corps: America's Black Army on Wheels chronicles their journey through the eyes of two black sergeant who guided and motivated the men."--container.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.