- Published: New York : Scholastic Press, 2000.
- Year Published: 2000
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 262 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 750
- 043912042X (softcover)
- 0439120411 :
Recently Listed On
- Checkout History
- Childhood Favorites
- Main CHARACTERs - kids of color lead the story
- Pura Belpre Award Winners and Honors
- 8th grade and 9th grade Historical Fiction
- 6th grade and 7th grade Historical Fiction
- New York Public Library's Top Children’s Books of the Last 100 Years
- Mighty Girls Fiction and Non-fiction!
- Books and Audiobooks for Adult ESL Speakers
- Middle and South American Children's Literature
Login to add tags
There are currently 4 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Malletts Teen, Malletts Youth, Pittsfield Teen
Esperanza and her mother are forced to leave their life of wealth and privilege in Mexico to go work in the labor camps of Southern California, where they must adapt to the harsh circumstances facing Mexican farm workers on the eve of the Great Depression.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.