- Published: New York : Pocket Books, c1999.
- Year Published: 1999
- Description: 213 p. ; 18 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 720
- High school students -- Fiction. -- Social conditions
- Coming of age -- Fiction.
- Diary novels.
- Epistolary novels.
- Epistolary fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Popular Teen Realistic Fiction
- The Fault in Our Stars, Weepy Romances and books on Illness
- YA Is Not For Wimps
- Books Turned into Movies
- Lucy's Staff Picks - YA
- YA Books Adults Should Read
- Books I've Read
- If you like author John Green...
- Summer 2013
- My favorite young adult fiction novels
Login to add tags
The perks of being a wallflower
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown Teen, 3rd Floor, Malletts Teen, Pittsfield Teen
"An original publication of MTV Books/Pocket Books"-- T.p. verso.
A coming of age novel about Charlie, a freshman in high school who is a wallflower, shy and introspective, and very intelligent. He deals with the usual teen problems, but also with the suicide of his best friend.
Reviews & Summaries
Parental Advisory: abuse, drug use, sex, suicide.
This book does an excellent job of capturing the experience of being a teenager - from the awkwardness, to the angst, to the joy of discovering you belong to a group of idolized new friends.
While the music and movies referenced here weren't as much a part of my experiences, I think every reader can relate to the group mania that emerges around whatever bands or movies accurately replace these in their experience.
Login to write a review of your own.