- Published: New York : Hyperion Books for Children, c1999.
- Year Published: 1999
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 244 p. : ill., map ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 930
- 0786803002 :
- 0786822414 (lib.) :
- 0786814543 (trade pbk.)
- Ojibwa Indians -- Fiction.
- Indians of North America -- Fiction.
- Islands -- Fiction.
- Seasons -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- 6th grade and 7th grade Historical Fiction
- New York Public Library's Top Children’s Books of the Last 100 Years
- Native American Literature
- Popular Juvenile Fiction
- Nominees for the National Book Award for Young People's Literature
- Native Writers' Circle of the Americas Lifetime Achievement Winners
- Children's Books by Native American Authors
- Checkout History
- Historical Fiction for Fifth Graders
- Best Native American Books for Children
Login to add tags
The birchbark house
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: J Fiction /
Available Copies: Malletts Youth
Map on lining papers.
Omakayas, a seven-year-old Native American girl of the Ojibwa tribe, lives through the joys of summer and the perils of winter on an island in Lake Superior in 1847.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.