- Published: New York : Dial Books for Young Readers, c1998.
- Year Published: 1998
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 148 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 750
- 0141303522 :
- 0803722907 :
- Grandmothers -- Fiction.
- Depressions -- Fiction. -- 1929
- Country life -- Fiction. -- Illinois
- Illinois -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Episodic Children's Literature
- For Grayson
- Young Readers With High Reading Levels
- Gentle Reads (Sixth through Eighth Grade)
- Children's Books
- Tween Book Discussion
- 5th Grade Reads
- Top 100 Children’s Novels by School Library Journal
- Nominees for the National Book Award for Young People's Literature
- Read alouds for older boys (and maybe girls, too)
Login to add tags
A long way from Chicago : a novel in stories
There are currently 4 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Pittsfield Youth
Prologue -- Shotgun Cheatham's last night above ground -- The mouse in the milk -- A one-woman crime wave -- The day of judgement -- The phantom brakeman -- Things with wings -- Centennial summer -- The troop train.
A boy recounts his annual summer trips to rural Illinois with his sister during the Great Depression to visit their larger-than-life grandmother.
Reviews & Summaries
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.