- Published: Culver City, CA : Distributed by MGM/UA Home Video, .
- Year Published: 1991
- Description: 1 videocassette (89 min.) : sd., b&w ; 1/2 in.
- ISBN/Standard #:0792807596 :
- Language: English
- Crosland, Alan, 1894-1936.
- Jolson, Al, d. 1950.
- McAvoy, May, 1901-
- Oland, Warner, 1880-1938.
- Demarest, William.
- Loy, Myrna, 1905-1993.
- Raphaelson, Samson, 1896-1983.
- Jazz singers -- Drama.
- Cantors (Judaism) in motion pictures.
- Jews -- Drama. -- United States
- Musical films.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
The jazz singer 
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
No copies found.
Originally released as motion picture in 1927.
"A photo-dramatic production of Samson Raphaelson's play [with] adaptation [by] Alfred A. Cohn."
Al Jolson, May McAvoy, Warner Oland, William Demarest, Myrna Loy.
A melodramatic story of a Jewish cantor's son (Al Jolson) who aspires to be a jazz singer despite his father's objection and religious tradition. In motion picture history, this was the first feature film to utilize synchronous sound. Jolson's songs include "Toot, toot, tootsie", "Blue skies", and "Mammy."
VHS format ; hi-fi.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.