- Published: New York : Broadway Books, 1998.
- Year Published: 1998
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 276 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 1210
- 9780307279460 (pbk.)
- 0767902521 :
- 0767902513 :
- Bryson, Bill. -- Travel -- Appalachian Trail.
- Travelers' writings.
- Natural history -- Appalachian Trail.
- Appalachian Trail -- Description and travel.
Recently Listed On
- Recommended Books
- Take a Hike! (And Camp Too)
- Adult Nonfiction - A Go-To List
- My Favorite Summer Reads: A Historical List
- Book club reading list
- Best Non-Fiction (non-biography) Books
backpacking moose teen humor travel humor aabookcircle new_england ex-pat trail adventure summer hiking
Login to add tags
A walk in the woods : rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail
There are no copies available and 1 request on 5 copies
Where To Find It
Call number: 917.404 Br
Binding broken 11/2/06 randlesk
Reviews & Summaries
When he friend can't keep up. Or when they see the moose. They learn a lot along the way. Sounds like a quiet hike. Not sure I'd like it, but I want to try. I think he wound up hiking about a third of the whole trail.
Hilarious and heartwarming, witty and well-written, and a lot of good information (though some is now dated) about the environment as it relates to the AT. Be warned that you will want to hike at least part of the trail after reading this.
Login to write a review of your own.