- Published: New York : Norton, 1987, c1967.
- Year Published: 1967
- Edition: [New American ed.].
- Description: xiii, 192 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 1310
Recently Listed On
- Books I've Read
- NPR's Top 100 Science-Fiction & Fantasy Books
- Surrealism in Adult Fiction
- If You Enjoyed One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest...
- Best Lists
- Dystopian Fiction for Grown-ups
- Adult Dystopian Science Fiction
- All-TIME 100 Novels
- Modern Library Top 100
Login to add tags
A clockwork orange
There is currently 1 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor
Told through a central character, Alex, the disturbing novel creates an alarming futuristic vision of violence, high technology, and authoritarianism. A modern classic of youthful violence and social redemption set in a dismal dystopia whereby a juvenile deliquent undergoes state-sponsored psychological rehabilitation for his aberrant behavior.
I enjoyed and admired this book as I was reading it, though at times it is extremely discomfiting, it's a very worthwhile experience.
Don't think you know what this novel is about just because you've seen the Stanley Kubrick film. They are both brilliant works, but should be considered very separate from one another.
Login to write a review of your own.