- Published: New York : Delacorte Press, 1995.
- Year Published: 1995
- Description: 210 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 1000
- 044022800X :
- 0440414121 (pbk.)
- 0385321759 :
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- Prejudices -- Fiction.
- Brothers and sisters -- Fiction.
- Michigan -- Fiction.
- Flint (Mich.) -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- 8th grade and 9th grade Historical Fiction
- 6th grade and 7th grade Historical Fiction
- New York Public Library's Top Children’s Books of the Last 100 Years
- 5th Grade Reads
- Recommended Historical Fiction for Children
- Top 100 Children’s Novels by School Library Journal
- Y Fiction to Check out of the library
- Great Historical Fiction Books For Teen and Young Adults
- Recipients of the Golden Kite Award
- LINKS -- Middle School Grades 6-8
Login to add tags
The Watsons go to Birmingham--1963
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Youth, Traverwood Youth
The ordinary interactions and everyday routines of the Watsons, an African American family living in Flint, Michigan, are drastically changed after they go to visit Grandma in Alabama in the summer of 1963.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.