- Published: New York : Villard Books, 1996.
- Year Published: 1996
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 207 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 1270
- 0385486804 :
- 067942850X :
- McCandless, Christopher Johnson, -- 1968-1992.
- Adventure and adventurers -- Biography.
- Wayfaring life -- Alaska.
- Wayfaring life -- West (U.S.)
- Hiking -- Alaska.
- Hitchhiking -- Alaska.
- Hitchhiking -- West (U.S.)
- Death -- Alaska.
- Alaska. -- Biography.
- West (U.S.) -- Biography.
Recently Listed On
- Recommended Biographies for Teens
- favorite non-fiction
- Best Non-Fiction (non-biography) Books
nonfiction wealth alaskaa unprepared hiker survival exploration upper_class_guilt book postmodern discontent alaska jon_krakauer self discovery chris mccandless exploration survival 1990s hiking chris mccandless self discovery cook
Login to add tags
Into the wild
There are no copies available and 22 requests on 2 copies
Where To Find It
Call number: 910.4 Kr
So I really wanted to like this book as it was a tale of finding oneself, but there were numerous times I wanted to just shake the main character for being so selfish and foolish in his disregard for those who cared about him and how to survive when having an adventure. Worth the read, but frustrating at times.
A fascinating story that will make you think and leave you eager to explore. I had never heard about this man and his story, but afterwards, I had to look it up. The story is a little dry, especially compared to the movie, but still interesting.
Login to write a review of your own.