- Published: New York : Four Walls Eight Windows, c1993.
- Year Published: 1993
- Description: 299 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 710
- 0446675504 (softcover)
- 0446601977 :
- 0941423999 :
Recently Listed On
- Favorite Sci-Fi and Fantasy
- If You Enjoyed The City and The City...
- LGBT science fiction & fantasy
- Sci Fi Disability
- books I plan to read
- Science Fiction by Writers of Color
- Adult Apocalyptic and Post-Apocalyptic Science Fiction
- Science Fiction by Female Authors
- Dystopian Fiction
nebula award for best novel nominee African-American Authors sci-fi economic collapse AAPS Skyline g10 2009 dystopia science fiction
Login to add tags
Parable of the sower
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: Science Fiction
"plausible" is not a word you like to use in conjunction with dystopian SF, but there it is - this is, in a nutshell, the tale of a girl who finds herself founding a new religion as she struggles to survive the kind of slow-motion economic collapse that leaves the have-nothings eyeing the have-a-littles as easy targets, slowly assembling a pack of disciples as she walks north along the road towards some hope of safety. Not a fun read, but a worthwhile one.
Login to write a review of your own.