- Published: Northampton, MA : Kitchen Sink Press, c1993.
- Year Published: 1993
- Description: 215 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- Comic books, strips, etc. -- History and criticism.
- Cartooning -- Technique.
- Comic books, strips, etc. -- Illustrations.
- Graphic novels.
Recently Listed On
- Recommended Comic Art How-to Books and DVDs
- Adult Graphic Novel Core List
- Great Graphic Novels available at AADL
- Checkout History
- Eisner Award-winning Works
- UGO's 50 Must-Read Graphic Novels
- Books About Creating Comics
scott mccloud comics Skyline g9 2009 storytelling art cartoons graphic novel design AAPS understanding comics
Login to add tags
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Malletts Teen, Pittsfield Teen, Traverwood Teen
Cover title of paperback edition : Understanding comics : the invisible art.
If you ever read comics or graphic novels (or if you have kids who do), this is an insightful look into the history, what, why and how of "sequential art."
I feel as if it was an interesting glimpse into art theory in regards to the industry of comics. I also love how the delivery was in graphic novel form, which is a feat when you are describing something philosophical.
After reading this, I feel like I understand comics a lot better. Recommended for comics readers and writers alike!
This book was great.
Login to write a review of your own.