- Published: San Diego : Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, c1992.
- Year Published: 1992
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: x, 257 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 730
- 0152046828 (pbk.)
- 0152003533 :
- 0152001018 (pbk.) :
- Trials (Witchcraft) -- Fiction. -- Massachusetts -- Salem
- Occult fiction.
- Salem (Mass.) -- Fiction. -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775
Recently Listed On
- Grown-up Kids Books
- AAPS Reading Level X
- historical fiction
- My top Historical Fiction books/authors
- Books I recommend to everyone
Login to add tags
A break with charity : a story about the Salem witch trials
There are no copies available
Where To Find It
Call number: Teen Fiction (Paperback)
While waiting for a church meeting in 1706, Susanna English, daughter of a wealthy Salem merchant, recalls the malice, fear, and accusations of witchcraft that tore her village apart in 1692.
Reviews & Summaries
The story builds well, giving the reader plenty of inside information in order to follow the story clearly. It's an interesting theory of why and how the witch trials came about, but a simple explanation. It's great for a youth book and a solid introduction to the troubles and drama of those times.
Login to write a review of your own.