- Published: New York : Doubleday, c1992.
- Year Published: 1992
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Description: 245 p. ; 20 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 1030
- 0385474016 :
- 038542017x :
Recently Listed On
- Life is like a Box of CHOCOLATES!
- Chew on This - June 2015 Foodie Fiction display
- Chocolate & Ice Cream - Two of my favorite things!
- Books I've Read
- Food in Fiction
- Checkout History
- Fiction by Latin American Authors
- Jennifer's Stuff
- Culinary fiction for adults
romance mexican culture world lit cooking food affairs latina mexican culture magic realism love magic realism sadness sisters love family relationships skyline_worldlit Hispanic/Latino Authors
Login to add tags
Like water for chocolate : a novel in monthly installments, with recipes, romances, and home remedies
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor, Malletts Adult
Translation of: Como agua para chocolate.
Reviews & Summaries
This novel sweeps the reader along rapidly, keeping them enthralled without giving them a chance to say "wait, what?" at the myriad magical realism elements that emerge. The descriptions of food and love are divine and the overall emotion expressed hits the exact right note.
Login to write a review of your own.