- Published: New York : Pantheon Books, 1986.
- Year Published: 1986
- Description: 159 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- Spiegelman, Vladek.
- Spiegelman, Art.
- Graphic novels.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Biography -- Poland.
- Holocaust survivors -- Biography.
- Children of Holocaust survivors -- Biography.
Recently Listed On
- To Read in a Lifetime
- Beginner Comics from Michigan Daily
- The Holocaust
- Holocaust Graphic Novels
- Adult Graphic Novel Core List
- Teen Graphic Novel Core List
- Animal comics for teens and adults
- Great Graphic Novels available at AADL
- The War-Torn Fourties for Teens
- School Reading
Login to add tags
Maus I : a survivor's tale : my father bleeds history
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Adult Graphic Novel / Maus
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Floor
Memoir of a survivor of the Holocaust told by his son in cartoon form with Jews portrayed as mice and Nazis as cats.
Reviews & Summaries
The cunning and guile that Spiegelman's father uses to get through his time in the camp is an intriguing story on its own. I wonder if I could have survived as he did. Probably not. Surprisingly, it was Spiegelman's business skills that were of the most use to him.
But that is not the only tale being told. The book transitions back and forth between the past and the present, which focuses on Spiegelman's rocky relationship with his father.
There is a reason that this book is often on college and high school reading lists. It is a breathtaking tale that brings history to a frightening reality.
Login to write a review of your own.