- Published: Boston : Houghton Mifflin, c1983.
- Year Published: 1983
- Description: 135 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 770
- 0395338905 :
- 0440479002 :
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Fiction.
- Indians of North America -- Fiction.
- Wilderness survival -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- YA Is Not For Wimps
- I Survived & Other Tales of Survival, Wilderness Survival & More!
- Nature Themed Stories - Upper Elementary
- Books by Recipients of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Award
- Recipients of the Josette Frank Award
- Winners of the Scott O'Dell Award for Historical Fiction
- Children's Books
- Scott O'Dell Award for Historical Fiction
- Read alouds for older boys (and maybe girls, too)
- Historical Fiction for Fifth Graders
indians AAPS Level T water friends fish hunting forest guns newbery honor book life scott o’dell award winner gifts beaver bear traps
Login to add tags
The sign of the beaver
There are no copies available
Left alone to guard the family's wilderness home in eighteenth-century Maine, a boy is hard-pressed to survive until local Indians teach him their skills.
Read in school. I was expecting it to be boring, but it was good.
Login to write a review of your own.