- Published: New York : Bradbury Press, c1987.
- Year Published: 1987
- Description: 195 p. ; 22 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 1020
- 0689840926 :
- Survival after airplane accidents, shipwrecks, etc. -- Fiction.
- Wilderness survival -- Fiction.
- Divorce -- Fiction.
- Canada -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Challenging Reads for Younger Readers - grades 5 and Up
- For Grayson
- YA Is Not For Wimps
- Classic Young Adult Novels
- Childhood Favorites
- Margaret A. Edwards Award (Teen)
- I Survived & Other Tales of Survival, Wilderness Survival & More!
- Tween Book Discussion
- New York Public Library's Top Children’s Books of the Last 100 Years
- Books and Audiobooks for Adult ESL Speakers
Login to add tags
There are currently 5 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown Teen, 3rd Floor, Pittsfield Teen, Traverwood Teen, West Teen
Originally published: New York : Simon & Schuster, 1987.
Sequel: The river.
After a plane crash, thirteen-year-old Brian spends fifty-four days in the Canadian wilderness, learning to survive with only the aid of a hatchet given him by his mother, and learning also to survive his parents' divorce.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.