- Published: New York : Warner Books, c1987, 1986.
- Year Published: 1986
- Description:  p. : col. ill. ; 26 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Graphic Novel
- 0930289234 :
- 0446386898 (pbk.) :
Recently Listed On
- Adult Graphic Novel Core List
- Harvey Award Winning Comics/Graphic Novels
- Great Graphic Novels available at AADL
- Fiction for Teen Boys
- Fiction books I enjoyed
- Eisner Award-winning Works
- UGO's 50 Must-Read Graphic Novels
- All-TIME 100 Novels
- Essential Graphic Novels
- Stand Alone Teen Graphic Novels
Login to add tags
by Moore, Alan.
There are currently 6 available
Where To Find It
Available Copies: Downtown 2nd Fl., Malletts Adult, Pittsfield Adult, Traverwood Adult, West Teen
"Originally published by DC Comics Inc. in twelve issues in magazine form, 1986-1987"--T.p. verso.
Moore and Gibbons makes full use of the graphic novel medium—it’s not just a story enhanced by pictures, rather the visual aspects move the plot in ways that words cannot. The 2009 movie, though not perfectly loyal to the plot, is certainly worth watching—especially for the shots that are exact replicas of the comic’s panels.
The book can be a bit dense, especially for those expecting the typical superhero comic read, but it is worth taking your time and noticing the details on every page. Watchmen is the perfect example of how graphic novels can be more than just comic books.
Login to write a review of your own.