- Published: New York : Anchor Books, c2013, c1977.
- Year Published: 1977
- Edition: 1st Anchor Books trade pbk. ed.
- Description: 659, 13 p. ; 21 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 840
- Demonology -- Fiction.
- Precognition -- Fiction.
- Authors -- Fiction.
- Hotelkeepers -- Fiction.
- Horror fiction.
- Horror tales.
- Supsense fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Books No Longer Available through AADL
- Teens And Adults, Prepare To Have Your Socks Rocked Off... By Fear. From Reading These Books.
- Checkout History
Login to add tags
There are no copies available and 12 requests on 4 copies
Where To Find It
Call number: Fiction
Originally published in hardcover in the United States by Doubleday, a division of Random House, Inc., NY, in 1977.
Includes an excerpt from the sequel, Doctor sleep.
Includes two thrilling excerpts from Stephen King's sequel to The shining, Doctor Sleep.
A child with a precognitive gift sees visions of an evil awaiting his family.
Most people have heard this already, but it's worth adding that the book and the movie cannot be compared because they are two completely different stories. They’re both fantastic, but having seen the movie won’t ruin your enjoyment of the book and vice versa.
Login to write a review of your own.