- Published: various publishers, 1891.
- Year Published: 1891
- Description: 517 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- 0375756795 :
- 0679603182 (Modern Library) :
- 0679405860 (Knopf) :
- Triangles (Interpersonal relations) -- Fiction.
- Man-woman relationships -- Fiction.
- Children of the rich -- Fiction.
- Children of clergy -- Fiction.
- Women household employees -- Fiction.
- Women murderers -- Fiction.
- Poor families -- Fiction
- Wessex (England) -- Fiction.
- Pastoral fiction.
- Didactic fiction.
Recently Listed On
Login to add tags
Tess of the d'Urbervilles
There are currently 4 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Malletts Adult, Traverwood Adult
Some editions have title: Tess of the d'Urbervilles : a pure woman.
A ne'er-do-well exploits his gentle daughter's beauty for social advancement in this masterpiece of tragic fiction. Hardy's 1891 novel defied convention to focus on the rural lower class for a frank treatment of sexuality and religion. Then and now, his sympathetic portrait of a victim of Victorian hypocrisy offers compelling reading.
No reviews have been written yet. You could be the first!
Login to write a review of your own.