- Published: various publishers, 1954.
- Year Published: 1954
- Description: 285 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 770
- Shipwreck survival -- Fiction.
- Survival -- Fiction. -- Psychological aspects
- Regression (Psychology) -- Fiction.
- Islands -- Fiction.
- Boys -- Fiction.
- Interpersonal relations in children -- Fiction.
- Psychological fiction.
- Adventure fiction.
Recently Listed On
- To Read in a Lifetime
- Great Debut Novels
- Stephen King's 10 favorite books
- YA Is Not For Wimps
- Lucy's Staff Picks - YA
- Classic Young Adult Novels
- ED'S FAVORITE AUTHORS AND BOOKS
- Books and Audiobooks for Adult ESL Speakers
- Books I've Read
Login to add tags
Lord of the flies
There is currently 1 available
Originally published: London : Faber and Faber Ltd., 1954.
In this novel, a plane crashes on an uncharted island, stranding a group of schoolboys. At first, with no adult supervision, their freedom is something to celebrate. This far from civiization they can do anything they want. Anything. But as order collapses, as strange howls echo in the night, as terror begins its reign, the hope of adventure seems as far removed from reality as the hope of being rescued, and these schoolboys marooned on this tropical island revert to primitive savagery.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.