- Published: various publishers, 1954.
- Year Published: 1954
- Description: 285 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 770
- Shipwreck survival -- Fiction.
- Survival -- Fiction. -- Psychological aspects
- Regression (Psychology) -- Fiction.
- Islands -- Fiction.
- Boys -- Fiction.
- Interpersonal relations in children -- Fiction.
- Psychological fiction.
- Adventure fiction.
Recently Listed On
- ED'S FAVORITE AUTHORS AND BOOKS
- Books and Audiobooks for Adult ESL Speakers
- Books I've Read
- Classics for High School
- NPR List of the Best 100 Young Adult and Teen Novels
- NPR - Whose Democracy Is It? Reading List
- All-TIME 100 Novels
- Modern Library Top 100
Login to add tags
Lord of the flies
There are no copies available and 2 requests on 7 copies
Originally published: London : Faber and Faber Ltd., 1954.
In this novel, a plane crashes on an uncharted island, stranding a group of schoolboys. At first, with no adult supervision, their freedom is something to celebrate. This far from civiization they can do anything they want. Anything. But as order collapses, as strange howls echo in the night, as terror begins its reign, the hope of adventure seems as far removed from reality as the hope of being rescued, and these schoolboys marooned on this tropical island revert to primitive savagery.