- Published: New York : Random House, c1990.
- Year Published: 1990
- Edition: 1st American ed.
- Description: 555 p. ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Manuscripts -- Fiction. -- Collectors and collecting
- Literary historians -- Fiction.
- Poets -- Fiction.
- Historical fiction.
- England -- Fiction.
- France -- Fiction.
Recently Listed On
- Checkout History
- Man Booker Prize Winners and Shortlisted Titles, 1969 - 2011
- All-TIME 100 Novels
- If You Like Donna Tartt...
- historical fiction
- Excellent British Stuff
Login to add tags
Possession : a romance
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Fiction / Byatt, A. S.
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, West Adult
Winner of England's Booker Prize, a coast-to-coast bestseller, and the literary sensation of the year, Possession is a novel of wit and romance, at once an intellectual mystery and a triumphant love story. Revolving around a pair of young scholars researching the lives of two Victorian poets, Byatt creates a haunting counterpoint of passion and ideas.
Reviews & Summaries
The experience of reading the book was not an easy one, but at the end, I found it impossible not to be swept away by the beauty of this novel.
Login to write a review of your own.