- Published: various publishers, 1818.
- Year Published: 1818
- Description: 256 p.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 1120
- 1593081308 (Barnes)
- 0192802631 (Oxford)
- 0375757295 :
- 0140430059 (Penguin) :
- 0451522893 :
- Rejection (Psychology) -- Fiction
- Motherless families -- Fiction
- Ship captains -- Fiction
- First loves -- Fiction
- Young women -- Fiction
- England -- Fiction -- Social life and customs -- 19th century
Recently Listed On
- Fave Books
- Jane Austen and Similar Classics
- ED'S FAVORITE AUTHORS AND BOOKS
- Jane Austen
- Favorite Classics
- For Jane Austen Fans
- Book club reading list - Part 2
- AADL Staff Picks -- Patrice
Login to add tags
There are currently 2 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, West Adult
I enjoyed reading Persuasion. It's not my favorite Jane Austen novel, but it's good.
Pride and Prejudice seems to have endured as Austen's most popular work, but Persuasion has always been my favorite. Anne is one of Austen's most sympathetic characters, as her quiet woes and small joys are felt by the reader throughout the entire novel. This is unsurprising, given that Persuasion explores human emotion in a way that no other Austen novel does, and perhaps in a way that few novels before Persuasion's publication even attempted. It's a worthwhile read.
This is one of my favorite books of all time
Login to write a review of your own.