- Published: Boston : Houghton Mifflin, 1986.
- Year Published: 1986
- Description: 311 p. ; 24 cm.
- Language: English
- Format: Book
- Lexile: 750
Recently Listed On
- diana wynne jones books
- vegan cookbooks
- NPR's Top 100 Science-Fiction & Fantasy Books
- Entertainment Weekly: 100 All-time Greatest Novels Ever
- Favorite Classics
- Fiction for Teen Boys
- Best Lists
- Man Booker Prize Winners and Shortlisted Titles, 1969 - 2011
- Popular Dystopian and Apocalyptic Teen Books
Login to add tags
The handmaid's tale
There are currently 3 available
Where To Find It
Call number: Fiction
Available Copies: Downtown 1st Floor, Malletts Adult, Traverwood Adult
"This visionary novel. in which God and Government are joined, and America is run as a Puritanical Theoracy, can be read as a companion volume to Orwell's 1984-its verso, in fact. It gives you the same degree of chill, even as it suggests the varieties of tyrannical experience; it evokes the same kind of horror even as its mordant wit makes you smile." E.L.Doctorow.
Reviews & Summaries
Login to write a review of your own.